Sunday, March 1, 2009

Serena Williams Namedrops on Ellen

I am a huge fan of the Ellen DeGeneres and her weekday talk show. Since I'm in university and have bizarre afternoon and evening classes, I keep myself updated by subscribing to the podcast on iTunes. Last Tuesday, Serena Williams, currently the #1 tennis player in the world, was on Ellen and cleverly gave her sponsor a free mention. She is a damn good celebrity endorser!



Ellen asked Serena about the Australian Open tennis tournament that took place in January. It was scorching hot for the entire two weeks of the matches and many players experienced exhaustion from the heat. Serena said, "Oh my God, it was so hot. At one point it was, like, um, I think they said it was 125 degrees (Fahrenheit) on the court. And it was just like, literally, I was running and like thinking this is almost not worth it. Is this worth it?"

And the conversation continues with...
E: How are your shoes not melting on the court?
S: Well, I mean, Nike makes the best shoes, so absolutely... [laughs].
E: Good answer, you should buy them with American Express cards!
E: And when you're done playing, put on CoverGirl makeup!

You can watch the whole interview on YouTube here!

No comments:

Post a Comment